*Our trainers are not qualified to provide medical advice, nor do we hold ourselves out as qualified to do so. We strongly recommend that you seek professional medical advice before embarking on any diet or exercise programme.*
By joining one of our programmes, you confirm that you are not pregnant and do not have any conditions that reduce your ability to perform exercise (for example: heart disease; diabetes; hypertension; musculoskeletal problems or injuries). If you do, this programme may not be suitable for you – talk with your health care professional first if you are not sure!
This is an online, self-guided training programme! You are responsible for exercising within your limits and, as far as legally possible, you assume all risks of taking part.
The Pole PT is based in England. By making a purchase on the Pole PT website, you agree that our relationship will be governed by the law of England and you agree to the following terms and conditions:
ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAMMES
- We provide strength and conditioning programmes through the Pole PT app. Those programmes include a combination of training guides, instructional videos and online coaching support.
- Your programme is not individually tailored for you.
- If you want to cancel your programme, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org providing full details of the programme you have purchased and the reasons you wish to cancel.
- You have a statutory right to cancel your purchase within 14 days and receive a refund. However, this will not apply if you have already started downloading your programme.
- We may refuse to provide you with a programme or cancel a programme you have started if we believe that you are unable to carry out the programme safely or that our programmes may be unsuitable for you. If we do this, we will provide you with a full refund.
- We aim to provide the best service possible but we cannot guarantee that the app will be without fault. If you discover a fault with the app then please report it to email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the app may occasionally be restricted or interrupted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services or because we are unable to offer the app for reasons beyond our control. In this event we will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can. Any such restrictions or interruptions shall not constitute a breach by us of these terms.
- Your access to the app is not open-ended. Your access to the app will last for 6 months from the start date of your programme. At any time during that 6 month period, you can login to the app and download pdfs of all workouts and any exercise videos you need so you can keep them forever. You will be sent a reminder before your app access is about to expire and given an option to extend it.
- You will be training primarily to build the musculoskeletal system (including muscular endurance, strength and flexibility) and learning to support your own body weight on the pole. You confirm that you have had a recent physical check-up and have your personal physician’s permission to engage in aerobic and/or anaerobic conditioning.
- This training program may also include exercises to build the cardio respiratory system (heart and lungs) and to improve body composition (increasing muscle and bone, decreasing body fat and increasing flexibility). You understand and warrant, release and agree that you are in good physical condition and that you have no disability, impairment or ailment preventing you from engaging in active or passive exercise that will be detrimental to heart, safety, or comfort, or physical condition if you engage or participate.
- Exercises will include: aerobic activities such as jogging as well as pole-based movements, calisthenics using your own bodyweight and weight lifting using dumbbells, machines and other equipment to improve muscular strength and endurance, as well as flexibility exercises to improve joint range of motion.
- A program of regular exercise for the heart, lungs, muscles and joints has many benefits associated with it. Not only will this programme help you build strength for the specific pole move advertised, but other benefits may include: a decrease in body fat, improvement in blood fats and blood pressure, improvement in physiological function and decrease in heart disease risk.
- Remember that due to the nature of online training, we cannot monitor your technique. The app allows you to record yourself performing every exercise, so you can view it side-by-side with our technique video. This will help you to monitor your own technique.
- All programmes come with 6 months access to the Pole PT app where you will have the extra support and guidance of a personal trainer. You can message your assigned personal trainer directly in the app at any time and we aim to respond to all messages within 48 hours.
- Do NOT attempt any inverted moves on the pole without a spotter and crash mats!
- We use different surface areas of the skin to grip on the pole, so it is important that you don’t moisturise or use fake tan on the day of your pole training. This will make the pole slippy and unsafe.
- Due to the nature of pole training, you may experience slight bruising or chaffing from the pole, but if you experience any pain when performing the exercises, do not continue the exercise and report it straight away to your assigned personal trainer in the app.
- The reaction of the heart, lung, blood vessels as well as other systems to exercise cannot always be predicted with accuracy. There is a risk of certain abnormal changes occurring during exercise, which include abnormalities of blood pressure or heart attacks as well as other side effects.
THE BOOK AND ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAMMES
- You have a statutory right to cancel your purchase within 14 days and receive a refund. However, this will not apply to the ebook if you have already downloaded it.
- All exercise programmes, even for healthy individuals, carry risk. You agree to use your own personal judgment, as well as take into account any other considerations, before undertaking any of the exercises in your programme or in the book.
- The information contained in our programmes and in the book is not and should not be relied upon as being a comprehensive health or exercise programme. Do not pursue our programmes without regard to, or to the exclusion of other information, opinions or judgments that are available to you.
- Our pre-set strength programmes and the programmes you can create using the book are not personalised, so you will need to adapt the programmes where necessary to suit your current training level and ability.
- It is up to you to ensure that you are performing exercises with safe technique at all times.
- Use of weight lifting equipment, and engaging in heavy body calisthenics and pole exercises that involve lifting your bodyweight may lead to musculoskeletal strains, pain and injury if adequate warm-up, gradual progression, and safety procedures are not consistently followed.
- If you choose to use the exercises in the book or the online programmes, you do so at your own risk and acknowledge that the exercises carry an inherent risk of physical injury – particularly if you have a history of health problems or any previous injuries. To the extent permitted by law, The Pole PT disclaims any and all liability in connection with the exercises in the book and programmes and any instructions and advice provided.
- All exercise programmes depend on the individual. Whether you achieve the results you want from your programme will depend on many factors, including the effort you put in and your commitment. However, even if you follow your programme precisely, you may still not achieve the results you seek. We therefore provide no warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the effectiveness of the programmes that we provide or the results that you may achieve as a result of following them.
- Any personal information you provide to us with will be handled in accordance with our Privacy and Data Protection Policy which you can view here.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by viruses, a distributed denial-of-service attack or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the app, the ebook or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Our total aggregate liability arising in connection with our performance of this agreement shall be limited to the greater of (i) £250 or (ii) three times the price paid for the Programmes during the 12 months preceding the date on which the claim arose.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. In the event of any dispute or claim, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we decide to take no action or neglect to do so, we will still be entitled to take action and enforce our rights and remedies for any other breach.
- We will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
By continuing with your purchase, you agree that you have read the above information and understand it. Any questions which may have occurred have been answered to your satisfaction.
The Pole PT is a trading name for The Pole PT Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 12504671